Which of the three types of mobile applications is the best fit for your next mobile app idea?
Mobile applications have become a hot topic in today's business and consumer lifestyle. There are three different styles of mobile applications to choose from when thinking about creating your next big mobile idea. Depending on the purpose of your mobile applications will dictate if your application needs to be native, web, and hybrid mobile application.
Native Mobile Applications
Native apps are applications that are created utilizing the code specific to the iOS (Apple) or Android (Google) operating systems. Native mobile applications offer fast performance, highly reliable, and very responsive. If your mobile application needs to rely heavily on optics such as video and image acquisition or you are looking to leverage the power of location-based services in realtime, native mobile applications may be a great choice for your new mobile application.
Benefits of Native Apps:
- All Device capabilities unlocked
Need to Know
- Due to development native, mobile applications can:
- Take more time to create.
- May be more expensive due to the time needed to develop.
- May require separate app projects to be developed in different languages for each platform (iOS /Android).
- Maintenance may be required more often due to the nature of the application’s operating system. iOS and Google have periodic updates that may require changes to be made to your application to abide by their rules and regulations.
Web apps are applications that are stored on a remote server and delivered over the internet to a web browser interface. Web apps can be confused at times with mobile responsive websites. Web applications typically interact securely with backend infrastructures such as databases, real-time communications services, and other types of AI services.
Benefits of Web App
- Higher Security
- Easy to update
- Faster development times
- Better compatibility
- Easier to scale
Need to Know
- Load times can be slower
- Not as fast as native apps
- Limitations on mobile device capabilities
Hybrid Mobile Applications
Benefits of Hybrid apps
- Better design capabilities
- A decrease in UI development time
- Less expensive than native mobile applications
- Ability to utilize native capabilities
- Easier to make updates
Need to Know
- The bridge between the web and native view can be tricky, depending on what activities the application is expectations.
- Application cost can still inflate based on the native features needed for the application.
- Can be less responsive
- Slower response time to touches
Learn more about how you can get started with your next mobile applications.
Get Started with a Custom-Built Mobile Application