When you're updating your brand strategy, it's a good idea to update important company notes.In this blog post, we'll show you how to organize and update your company resources so they’re easy to find and understand.
Has it been a long time since you've updated your company resources? The important contact information and notes are all over the place-- scribbled in notebooks, typed up on random sheets of paper, and maybe even some old files saved on your computer. It's time for an update- and not just because it's been a while. With everything that's going on lately, from new policies to changes in the market, you need to make sure that your company resources are accurate and readable. In this blog post, we'll show you how to organize and update your company resources so they’re easy to find and understand.
Take an Inventory
The first step is to take inventory of what you have. Make a list of all the resources you have, both digital and physical. Also, note where they are located. Once you know what you have, you can start to organize it. If you have a lot of information, create a table of contents or index so that people can easily find what they're looking for. Once you have a list of what you have, it's time to start updating the information.
Update Your Information
Take some time to go through and update all of your important notes and old files. Make sure the information is still accurate and that any company changes that have been made are reflected in the document. If you're updating an online resource, check for broken links and update them as needed. Once you've updated the old resources, it's time to create new ones.
Creating New Resources
If you're not sure where to start, think about what questions people often ask about your company or product. You can use these questions as a starting point for creating new resources. For example, if you sell a product, you might create a document that includes FAQs or a user guide. If you have a service-based business, you might create an FAQ or a how-to guide. By creating new resources, you can make sure that your company's information is easy to find and up-to-date.
By creating new resources, you can also make sure that your company's information is up-to-date and easy to understand. So, what kind of software and online tools are available to arrange and organize your entrepreneurial thoughts and plans? What will help you the most? Read on to find out...
Helpful Software and Online Tools for Note-taking
One of our favorite tools is Evernote because it's easy to use and helps you keep track of your thoughts and ideas.
Below, is a more detailed list of some online note-taking tools like Evernote that we find helpful at ViviScape. This is by no means an exhaustive list but only meant to give you a starting point in your search for the best tool for you.
- Google Keep is a free, simple notes app that's available on the web, as well as Android and iOS devices. You can use it to create text, image, and audio notes, and you can even set reminders. Google Keep is perfect for creating to-do lists and reminders.
- Google Docs is perfect for creating and sharing documents. It's easy to use and can be accessed from anywhere.
- Trello helps you organize and keep track of your company's projects. It's great for team collaboration and can be used for both small and large projects.
- Evernote is a more robust note-taking tool that's available on the web, as well as Android and iOS devices. With Evernote, you can create text, image, and audio notes, and you can even save entire web pages. Evernote also offers features like collaboration and note sharing. This software is perfect for organizing your thoughts and ideas. It's easy to use and can be accessed on your computer, phone, or tablet.
- Microsoft OneNote is a free notes app that's available on the web, as well as Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices. With OneNote, you can create text, image, and audio notes, and you can even insert files. OneNote also offers features like collaboration and note sharing. This is an ideal tool for organizing large amounts of data.
- Bear is a free, simple, and elegant notes app available on the web, as well as Mac and iOS devices. With Bear, you can create text notes and format them with headings, lists, and images. Bear also offers features like iCloud sync and markdown support.
Think About Questions Your Customers May Ask
Creating new resources can be a daunting task, but it's important to make sure that your company information is up-to-date and easy to understand. A great way to start is by thinking about what questions people often ask about your company or product. You can use these questions as a starting point for creating new resources. Now, hang onto that list of questions because you'll need them for our next suggestion.
Creating a Clean and Helpful FAQ
What is an FAQ and why do you need one for your business?
An FAQ, or Frequently Asked Questions, is a helpful resource that can provide answers to common questions about your company or product. An FAQ can be a valuable tool for customer service and support, as well as marketing and sales. If you have a website, an FAQ can also help improve your SEO by providing keyword-rich content.
How to create an effective FAQ for your customers
When creating an FAQ, keep your customer's needs in mind. Ask yourself, what questions would my customers need answered? You can also use that list of questions we mentioned earlier. Once you have a good understanding of your customer's needs, you can start writing your FAQ.
When writing your FAQ, use clear and concise language. Avoid using jargon or technical terms that your customers might not understand. Also, structure your FAQ in a way that is easy to read and navigate. Use headings and subheadings, as well as bullet points, to break up the text.
Finally, don't forget to proofread your FAQ before you publish it. A well-written FAQ can be a valuable asset for your business. It's an easy way to provide helpful information to your customers, while also improving your SEO. Creating a clean and helpful FAQ is an important way to update your company's resources. If you need help compiling an FAQ or other company resources, contact ViviScape's business team today. We can help you create a comprehensive plan for updating your resources, as well as provide guidance and support throughout the process. Contact us or give us a call at (574) 207-6511 to learn more.
Do you need help with updating your brand? Let's talk!Let's Talk